• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup butter
• 4 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
• 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
• 2 eggs
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
• 1 cup walnuts or pecans
• 8 in. 8 in. square baking pan
• Non-stick spray
• Cooling rack
Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare 8 in. x 8 in. pan with
vegetable pan spray.
In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder and salt.
In a medium saucepan, melt butter and chocolate together
on low heat.
Remove from heat and whisk in sugar until combined.
Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
Add flour mixture and stir until just combined.
Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if using. Then pour the
brownie batter into the prepared pan, smoothing with a
Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the
center comes out clean. Cool completely on the cooling